Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Stop Motion Animation

Alright, internetters, I'm on a roll what can I say? Here are some pictures and finished product of a piece I finished a few months back.

Yes, I am slow to post, but better late than never is the story of my life (ask anyone that knows me)! Back to the good stuff, I took a course at school DKDS, with the formal title Self-formulated Project within a Shared Framework. Basically, I could make up my own project, do it, and present it, then defend my choices to my professors when they saw the finished product. Right away I knew I wanted to try my hand at creating my own stop motion armature. What is that, you ask? Check it out here. I hit up the University of youtube A.S.A.P. and after hours of fiddling around "learning", I set to work. Below you can follow my process in chronological order to the big finish with a video of the final product. Enjoy the fruits of my labor as I took my first crack at creating armature from scratch, building a puppet, dressing said puppet and trying to make her walk!



How's my hair?





                 Process Process Process

Getting started with pow-pow-power tools and heavy wire. 
Playing God.
Let there be skinny jeans and braided hair!
Sanding the bottoms of her shoes because a girl's gotta be able to stand on her own two feet.
Am I right, ladies?
Playing around with hairstyles and the new rig!
Girlfriend is camera ready, let's get this party started! 
Hard at work (don't mess it up don't mess it up don't mess it up)
Recording in the studio! 


1 comment: